If license files located under <drive>:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Licenses are removed only, stopping and reloading SMS Domino 8.x nntask or restarting entire server will not successfully remove the product, content and antispam licenses.
<drive>:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Licenses
<drive>:\Users\All Users\Symantec Shared\Licenses
only after upgrade-in-place from 2003:
If the licence files only are removed from <drive>:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Licenses, stopping and reloading SMS Domino 8.x nntask or restarting entire server will not successfully remove the product, content and antispam licenses.
To remove license within SMS Domino 8.x in Windows 2008 64 bit server environment, please follow the steps below:
1. Stop SMS Domino nntask from the domino console by typing the command : tell sav quit
2. Wait for the message to show up on the domino console: SMSDOM: Service shutdown completed.
3. Move all license files from following folders to a safe folder:
4. Reload SMS Domino nntask at the domino console: load nntask
5. Confirm that following message shows up on the domino console when SMS Domino is reloaded;
SMSDOM: No valid product license exists. Your server is currently UNPROTECTED.
SMSDOM: No valid content license exists. Your definitions files are no longer being updated.
SMSDOM: No valid premium antispam license exists.
<<<< NO VALID SMSDOM PRODUCT LICENSE EXISTS. YOUR SERVER IS UNPROTECTED! >>>>
6. Now you can install new license for SMS Domino 8.x.
Windows 2008 server
Rate this Article
This is machine translated content
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Didn't find the article you were looking for? Try these resources.