The Compliance reports for Patch Management Solution 7.0 SP2 render with 'No Results Returned'.
This could affect all patch reports, below are some common examples that could show blank results:
- Microsoft Compliance by Computer
- Microsoft Compliance by Update
- Microsoft Compliance by Bulletin
Their Linux counterparts may also render with empty results.
The PMCore_SQL_Callback table used for parameters in reports is missing data.
SELECT * FROM PMCore_SQL_Callback
There should be 2 entries for each Vendorguid with 2 lines containing a null vendorguid. If there is less than this it indicates that this is the problem.
To resolve this issue run a repair of patch management following the steps outlined in HOWTO9725.
Following the repair process the filter membership will need to be updated. This occurs nightly by default or can be run by going to Start> Control Panel> Scheduled Tasks and running the schedule 'NS.Complete Resource Membership Update'
Note: If this problem appears to be an issue in PM 7.1 or PM 7.1 SP1, and the SQL script from step 1 checks displays proper results, please review KM: TECH164471
2. Ensure that you have rights to view the targeted Filter. Try logging onto the NS with Application Identity Credentials to check for permissions issues.
3. This issue may also be caused by a problem that is outlined on KB TECH127228. This article has updated stored procedures for each report.
1. To verify that this is the issue run the following SQL on again the Symantec Management Platform database.
Patch Management Solution for Windows 7.0 SP2
Patch Management Solution for Linux 7.0 SP2