You are running Symantec Mail Security for Domino (SMSDOM) 8.0.x on Windows.
When you click the "Run LiveUpdate" button from SMSDOM GUI, you are presented the following message:
"Another instance of LiveUpdate is running"
The installation of SMS DOM 8.x was performed through Remote Desktop.
Or there is a background process locking the liveupdate process.
- In the Domino Server console type: tell SAV quit
- In Windows Task Manager - Processes - End all the process containing "java"
- In C:\Windows\Temp (smsdom default temp directory) delete any file which is named "smsdulck" or "Jlu.Session.End.dat"
- In the Domino Server console type: load nntask
- In the LiveUpdate tab press "Run LiveUpdate Now". This should update the definitions.
If the above does not resolve the problem:
Uninstall the SMS DOM 8.x Manually and install it from Local
Windows server 2008 64bit and Domino server 8.5.2
This is machine translated content
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Didn't find the article you were looking for? Try these resources.