and press release:
Install Microsoft Compatibility Patch KB917425 Internet Explorer ActiveX compatibility patch for Msdhtml.dll. See:
Note: You only need to install this patch if you have previously installed the KB912945 or KB912812 patches. This patch should give you an error if you have not previously installed one of the other two patches. The preferred method of installing these patches is to follow the instructions on the Microsoft Web site, especially for your Microsoft 2003 Server computers.
However, to help facilitate the installation of these patches, you may download the attached Compatibility Patch (KB917425).xml file that contains two Software Delivery Tasks that utilize the same Software Delivery Package and import it into your Notification Server console.
- Download both the Windows 2003 and Windows XP patch files from the URL above. The two filenames are:
Place these two files in a folder that is local to your NS server.
- Import the Compatibility Patch (KB917425).xml file by right-clicking on a suitable location in your Console and selecting import. A good location might be the Task tab > Software Management > Software Delivery > Windows > Software Delivery Tasks.
- Modify the Package Location: field in the "ActiveX Compatibility Patch (KB917425)" package to point to the folder you created in step 1.
- Apply the change and be sure to "Update Distribution Points".
- The tasks are set to apply to the "All 32-bit Windows 2003 Servers"/"All 32-bit Windows XP Computers" collections. If the KB912945 or KB912812 patches are not installed on the computers in these collections, you will need to modify the Applies to collections: field appropriately.
- Enable the tasks.
Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Notification Server 6.0 SP3 (6.0.6074), older versions will most likely react to the ActiveX update in the same way.
Rate this Article