The error message: "The software evaluation period has expired" is received when entering a license number into an evaluation installation of Backup Exec (tm) for Windows Servers (BEWS)
Exact Error Message Error A000081ce : The software evaluation period has expired
A Splash screen showing the EVAL version will be displayed during the launch of Backup Exec (Figure 1)
This issue is usually encountered when Backup Exec is registered from an evaluation installation
To correct this issue, attempt to remove and then re-enter the serial numbers per the following steps:
1. Launch Backup Exec for Windows Servers
2. From the Tools menu, click Install Options and License keys on this Media Server (Figure 2)
3. After ensuring all license numbers are recorded elsewhere, remove all license numbers listed under "Existing License numbers" (Figure 3)
4. Re-enter all License keys again
5. All of the appropriate options will be selected automatically, depending on the license numbers that were provided. Click Next.
8. Click Install on the Backup Exec installation review screen
After the installation completes, Backup Exec will now be registered properly and will no longer display the error message.
Standard Server, Enterprise Server
Windows Server 2003
Advanced Server, Server
Pro 5.1, Pro 5.1 SP1 Enterprise Server, Standard Server
Backup Exec 11d, 12.0, 12.5, 2010
This is machine translated content
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Didn't find the article you were looking for? Try these resources.