What is Symantec WholeSecurity Confidence Online?
The Confidence Online products are designed to protect computers on the corporate network from identity theft and other forms of data heist. They are:
- Confidence Online for Web Applications
- Confidence Online for Corporate PCs.
Both products employ a client/server architecture in which the client scans computers for processes that have the potential to perform covert malicious operations and confirm that beneficial processes, such as firewalls and virus protection software, are currently running in compliance with corporate security policies. Confidence Online automatically mitigates threats posed by malicious processes and reports data about the each incident to the server. The client also reports compliance failures if processes installed to meet security policies are not running.
Confidence Online Client for Corporate PCs
This client is an executable typically distributed to computers on the LAN. Displaying the following behavior, it provides continuous protection against threats:
- Scans the system when the user powers up the computer
- Immediately scans after the mitigation of any detected process
- Continues to periodically scan the system until the user powers down the computer
Confidence Online for Web Applications
The Confidence Online client for Web Applications is a browser-based application that is deployed as either an ActiveX control or Netscape Plug-in to computers not located on the LAN. Displaying the following behavior, it provides continuous protection against threats:
- Scans the user's system whenever a defined browser event occurs during login to the LAN via a secure remote access product.
- If Session Protection is enabled, continues to periodically scan the user's system until the system is powered down.
Imported Document Id