You need to create a package to install Symantec Management Platform 7.0 IT Analytics products on a computer that does not have an Internet connection.
An offline installation can be a first-time installation, an on-box upgrade, or an off-box upgrade. To perform an offline installation, you have to create an installation package. To create the installation package, you use Symantec Installation Manager on a computer that has an Internet connection. You then run the installation package on the computer that does not have an Internet connection.
Creating an installation package
To install the Symantec Management Platform ITA products on a computer that does not have an Internet connection, you must create an installation package. The installation package is a zip file. It contains the files that are needed to install the products that you select when you create the package.
To create an installation package offline
- Install Symantec Installation Manager on any computer with Internet access. You use this installation of Symantec Installation Manager to create the installation package.
- Start Symantec Installation Manager. When you install Symantec Installation Manager, it starts by default. You can also start it manually.
- If the Install New Products page appears, click Cancel, and click Yes to confirm the cancellation.
- On the Installed Products page, click Create installation package.
- On the Products page, select the products to include in the package, specify the location for the zip file, and click Next.
- On the Optional Installs page, check the optional components that you want to install and click Next.
- On the End User License Agreement page, verify that the correct products were selected, check I accept the terms in the license agreements, and click Next. If you need to change the product selection, click Back twice.
- On the Contact Information page, type the answers for the requested information, and click Next.
- (Optional) On the Product Licensing page, apply licenses, and click Next. If you don’t apply licenses, trial licenses are applied when the products are installed. You can use Symantec Installation Manager to apply licenses at any time.
- 10. On the Review Package Details page, review the information about the installation package, and click Begin build. The package is created and is saved in the location that is specified on this page.
- On the Installation Package Complete page, click Finish.
After you install Symantec Management Platform and the products that run on the platform, you use Symantec Installation Manager to perform additional installation tasks. These tasks include updating installed products, adding products, applying licenses to products, installing optional components, and repairing installations.
Rate this Article