How to create a firewall rule to allow wireless connections on unmanaged client
SEP client is blocking the wireless connections if the Network Threat Protection is enabled.
How to create a rule:
1) Open the Unmanaged Client Console
2) Select the Status menu
3) Click on Options button in front of Network Threat Protection
4) Select "Configure Firewall Rules"
5) Click on Add button
6) Write a name in the Rule Name (Allow Wireless Traffic, for example)
7) Select "Ports and Protocols" tab
8) Select Ethernet on Protocol
9) Select 0x888E on Ethernet type
10) Keep all of others fields as a default
11) Click OK
12) Make sure the check mark appears in the rule name column to enable the rule
13) Select the new rule and move up to the first rule in the list.
14) Click OK twice.
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Get support for your product, with downloads, knowledge base articles, documentation, and more.
Maximize your product competency and validate technical knowledge to gain the most benefit from your IT investments.
Submit a suspected infected file to Symantec.
Report a suspected erroneous detection (false positive).
Create and manage cases, manage licensing and renewals, submit threats, and enroll with Symantec Rewards.
Customer and Technical Support phone numbers and hours of operation.
User-to-user forums, blogs, videos, and other community resources on Symantec Connect.
Set default language
Do you wish to save this as your future site?