You need to rebuild your SSIM after disaster. This can also be used to build a copy of your production environment into your testing environment.
- Reinstallation of your appliance
- Make sure you initialize the drive in the RAID controller.
- Boot on the exact same DVD version your used to originally setup SSIM.
- You have to install your SSIM appliance with exactly the same network settings
- Hostname has to be the same
- IP Address has to be the same
- SES Domain has to be the same
- Password has to be the same (if passwords were change after original installation, enter the latest password for the Administrator user. If the users password for symcmgmt, root and Administrator are not the same they will need to be changed at later stage.)
- Make sure the installation log contains no errors (see /opt/Symantec/simserver/sima-install.log)
- Make sure you can logon and all the tab works in webUI
- Follow this KB http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH123072 to make sure you configure setup like NTP service.
- You have to patch to the same level as the original appliance. You cannot restore backup to the different version.
- Once you appliance is fully patched, make sure to review the different update logs. (/opt/Symantec/simserver/logs/*upgrade*.log)
- Make sure you run LiveUpdate from the WebUI and not from command line.
- Review the different LiveUpdate logs to make sure it was successful