When attempting to manually resolve an alert in the Event Console, the alert immediately triggers again.
In order for an alert to be resolved in the Event Console and on the Monitor Agent, the Event Console web service must be able to communicate with the associated Monitor Agent over the defined TCP/IP port in the Monitor Agent configuration policy. If communication to the associated Monitor Agent fails for any reason, the architecture is designed to re-trigger the alert.
Review the following items to ensure their conditions are met:
- The associated machine's Altiris Monitor Agent service is running
- The Monitor Agent has a valid configuration. The following file is greater than 1 KB:
x86: C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Monitor Agent\Config.xml
x64: C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\x64\Monitor Agent\Config.xml
- The local firewall is disabled or has an "allow" rule for the Monitor Agent's defined TCP/IP port
- There are no network firewalls between the Notification Server and the associated machine that are blocking the Monitor Agent's defined TCP/IP port
- The associated Monitor Agent's defined TCP/IP port is accessible from the Notification Server. This port is defined in the Monitor Agent configuration policy:
Home > Monitoring and Alerting > Monitor > Agents/Plug-ins > [OS name] > Configuration > All [OS name] Servers > TCP/IP port:
Home > Monitoring and Alerting > Monitor > Settings > Remote Monitoring Server Settings > TCP/IP port:
Instead of resolving the alert via the toolbar/action > resolve, open the alert details and resolve the alert from this new window.
This will trigger a different process to resolve the alert.
- Monitor Solution for Servers 7.x
- Event Console 7.x
Rate this Article