This issue has been fixed for Wise Package Studio 7 SP3 and will be fixed for the next release of Wise Installation Studio\Express 7 SP2.
Workaround: The following steps will allow you to open the .wse in the WiseScript Package Editor by making changes to the file association and process in your package.
Note: For Wise Installation Studio\Express 7 Sp1 the values are rewritten every time the WiseScript is opened and this workaround will not work.
Add a Windows Explorer right-click verb to open a .wse in the WiseScript Package Editor by running the attached file:
- Download and run the attached update. It adds a new verb, "Open with WiseScript Package Editor" for the right-click menu of .wse files.
- The update can only be run on a computer with Wise Package Studio version 22.214.171.1240 and later.
- Add a Windows Explorer right-click verb manually: To change the Folder Option to open .wse files in WiseScript Package Editor rather than WiseScript, follow the instructions below:
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Go to Tools > Folder Options > File Types.
- Highlight the .wse icon.
- Select Advanced.
- Highlight Open with WiseScript Package Editor.
- Select Edit.
- Under Application used to perform action option enter a /pe after "%1" as shown below:
Wise Package Studio:
"C:\Program Files\Altiris\Wise Package Studio\WiseScript Editor\Wise32.exe" "%1" /pe
Wise Installation Studio\Express:
"C:\Program Files\Altiris\Wise\WiseScript Package Editor\Wise32.exe" /pe "%1"
Wise Package Studio 7.x
Wise Installation Studio\Express 7.x
Imported Document Id