When running the WPS 7.0 installation some upgrades will fail on an Upgrade task. This has been fixed in a hotfix attached to this article.
Instructions: (Mid-Upgrade that is caught in loop)
Perform the following steps before installing the WPS_7_0_Hotfix_1.EXE:
- Open the Windows Task Manager and select the Processes tab.
- Browse through the list and Select the “Msiimporter.exe” and click the End Process button. Then click, Yes to confirm the process termination.
- Open the Wise Repository Manager (Note: The Msiimporter.exe task that the Upgrade was stuck on, for example UpgradeFileLanaguages, will be marked as “Failed” because the process was terminated manually; however, there is no need for concern. The Task will be rerun after the WPS 7.0 Hotfix has been installed).
- Close the Wise Repository Manager.
WPS 7.0 Hotfix Installation and WPS Upgrade Instructions:
- Run the WPS_7_0_Hotfix_1.EXE.
- Once complete, launch the Wise Repository Manager.
- Click the “Upgrade” button located in the Tool Bar towards the top the Wise Repository Manager.
- The “Failed” Upgrade Task will be rerun and the WPS upgrade process will continue.
Upgrade to WPS 7.0 for environment.