This article describes the steps required to install the PGP Support Package for BlackBerry on a BlackBerry device. Refer to Handheld Requirements to see if your device can support the PGP Support for BlackBerry software.
Prepare the software on your desktop
- Install Desktop Manager 4.0 or later on your laptop or PC. This is the software that comes on the CD provided with your device.
- Install Handheld code 4.1 or later for your appropriate device. Note that even if your phone came with 4.1 s/w loaded, it may not have all of the applications included. Therefore it is still necessary to obtain the latest handheld s/w. This software can be downloaded from your carrier website.
- Install the PGP Support Package on your laptop or PC.
Load the application to your BlackBerry
- Using a USB cable, connect your BlackBerry to your PC or laptop.
- If prompted, enter the password for your device.
- Click on Application Manager to start the Application Manager Wizard and allow it to scan for loaded software.
- Scroll down the list of applications to load and ensure that BlackBerry PGP Support Package (about half way down the list) is checked.
- Click Next.
- Allow the application(s) to load to the handheld. Note that by default it will automatically backup the data from your device to your desktop. This process may take several minutes. Allow the loader to completely finish and ensure that no error occurred.
- Click Finish.
Verify that the software is loaded on your BlackBerry
If the PGP Support Package for BlackBerry is loaded on your handheld, you should see BlackBerry PGP Support Package in the list of applications on the handheld. To view that list go to:
- Advanced Options