This article details how to change the default keyring location for deployed client installations of PGP Desktop.
This article shows you how to specify a different keyring location for Desktop clients deployed by PGP Universal Server. When this option is selected for the user policy, the option allows you enter locations for keyrings that override the default locations for Windows and/or Mac OS X systems.
This means that your users' keyrings will be created in and backed up to the location(s) you specify instead of the default keyring locations.
The default keyring locations are as follows:
- Windows - C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\My Documents\PGP\
- Mac OS X - [user]/Documents/PGP/
To change the keyring location for PGP Desktop clients, follow these steps:
- Open the PGP Universal Server administrative interface.
- Select the Policy tab and click the Internal User Policy tab.
- Click on the Internal User Policy you wish to edit. The Policy Options dialogue is displayed
Note: Unless additional policies have been created, users are created in the default policy of Internal Users:Default
- Click on the Edit button for PGP Desktop Settings. The appropriate PGP Desktop Options card titled with the policy name is displayed.
- Place a check in the box next to the desired operating system and specify a path for the location for the client keyrings.
- Click Save twice to enable the new settings for the policy.