How to set permissions required for VERITAS Cluster Server Process Agent in Windows NT 4.0
The VERITAS Cluster Server Process Agent requires two advanced Windows NT rights. The Username attribute is defined as the user name with whose privileges the configured process executes. The Process Agent's UserName attribute requires both "Act as part of the operating system" and "Increase quota" advanced rights. The procedure for applying these rights are:
1. Select Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > User Manager for Domains.
2. From User Manager for Domains, select Policies > User Rights. (Figure 1)
3. At the User Rights Policy, check the Show Advanced User Rights box (highlighted in Figure 2).
4. In the right pull-down menu, select "Act as part of the operating system". (Figure 2)
5. Select the Add button. The Add Users and Groups window will appear.
6. Select the desired account. Make sure that the correct domain is selected. Select OK. (Figure 3)
7. Repeat steps 3 - 6, substituting "Increase quota" for "Act as part of the operating system" (step 4).
8. Close User Manager for Domains.
9. A logoff and login are required for the changes to take effect.
Repeat all of the procedures above on all nodes in the cluster.
The Process Agent can now be configured. Refer to VERITAS Cluster Server documentation for instruction on how to configure the Process Agent.
Imported Document Id