The IM Manager installer is run to perform a "modification" and add the Administrator Service. The installer reports the following error message:
0 - [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or
1 - [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionOpen (Connect())
The installer may also report the following error message:
The IMLogicAdminService service could not be started automatically by the installer.
Error This operation returned because the timeout period expired.
was returned. Please check the application event
log for the source of the problem when the installation completes.
Correct the problem to finish the installation.
The installer completes.
- When install was run in "modify" mode the following are the only components selected for installation:
Administrator, User, Reviewer Interfaces
- Prior to running the installer only the IM Manager Administration Console was installed on the server.
This is verified by checking the registry. If only the following folders are present under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IMLogic\IMLogEnterprise\4.0 then this condition is met:
- Registry entry for IMLogicAdminService database connection contains the wrong information:
1. Open the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\IMLogic\IMLogEnterprise\4.0
\AdminService\connectionstring. The value of the key contains the wrong database information.
- The Windows Application Event Log shows the following error event:
Log Name: Application
Date: 1/28/2011 12:20:01 PM
Event ID: 120
Task Category: None
The description for Event ID 120 from source IMLogicAdminService cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
The following information was included with the event:
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.-08001
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionOpen (Connect()).-01000
the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table
The installer is not creating the registry correctly for the database connection information.
1. Change the value of the registry key to contain the correct information.
The following is an example of the registry key when connecting to a remote SQL server using trusted authentication:
The following is an example of the registry key when connecting to a remote SQL server using SQL authentication:
2. Restart the IMLogicAdminService.
- Windows 2008
Unable to install IMLogicAdminService after install of only Admin Console