How can LiveUpdate Administrator 2.x (LUA 2.x) be configured to download virus definitions for a Symantec Antivirus for Linux (SAVFL) client computer?
The necessary SAVFL selections in the LUA 2.x interface are not found under Symantec AntiVirus or Symantec Endpoint Protection. Though Symantec Antivirus for Linux is supplied on the product DVDs for SAV and SEP, it has its own product entry in LUA 2.x.
To update the LUA 2.x Server's Symantec Product Catalog
- Select the Configure button in the menu bar.
- On the left pane in the My Symantec Products window, under My Symantec Products Tasks, click Update Symantec Product Catalog
To add the SAVFL product to the product list
- Select Configure in the menu bar.
- On the My Symantec Products window, click Add New Products.
- Select Symantec AntiVirus for Linux 1.0.5. (This is the correct entry regardless of the current build of SAVFL in the environment)
- Click OK.
- Create download and distribution schedules according to the steps found in Installing and Configuring LiveUpdate Administrator 2.x (LUA 2.x)
- Configure the Java LiveUpdate (JLU) client of SAVFL to retrieve its updates from the LUA 2.x server's Distribution Center. Instructions can be found in Configuring Symantec Antivirus for Linux (SAVFL) to download definitions from the Distribution Center of an internal LiveUpdate Administrator (LUA) 2.x Server