7.1 Release is a full media release for upgrades and new installations
NetBackup 7.1 is a full media release and customers may upgrade from any 6.x release directly to 7.1.
NetBackup 7.0 customers may also move directly to 7.1. There is no further NetBackup 7.0.x release pending, 7.0.1 will be the last release on the 7.0 line.
1. Go to https://licensing.symantec.com
2. Returning customers Login. New users must Create an Account first.
3. After logging in, select the Version Upgrade button.
4. Then select the I don’t have an Upgrade Notification ID button. Please see screenshot below:
5. Next, choose your applicable customer number from the drop down menu and click on the Select button.
6. Click on the appropriate Notification ID (IMPORTANT: All Symantec NetBackup 7.1 Version Upgrade Notification IDs will begin with NBU71).
7. Click on the Upgrade button.
8. If you have not upgraded previous versions of Symantec NetBackup, you will be required to do so sequentially in order to obtain your Symantec NetBackup 7.1 upgrade information.
9. Select the licenses you would like to upgrade and click the Upgrade button.
10. Verify contact information for the licenses you are upgrading and click the Complete Registration button.
11. The license key(s) will be provided on the next screen.
12. You may then click the Get Software button to obtain your product.
Should you require any further assistance, please contact our Customer Care team.
Imported Document Id