Printer share will not come online after creating virtual printer and configuring a VERITAS Cluster Server service group.
VCS:PRINTSHARE Agent;182005:online::Cannot add share for device on Machine --- error 2118 parameter 0
Printer share will not come online after creating virtual printer and configuring a VERITAS Cluster Server (VCS) service group. Printshare agent reports error that it "Cannot add share xxxx for device xxxx to machine xxxx" (Figure 1).
This error is reported when the printer was shared while using the Add Printer Wizard to create the printer on the virtual server (Figure 2).
This problem can be corrected by performing the following steps:
1. Connect to the Virtual server by go to Start > Run, enter "\\VIRTUALSERVERNAME"* and click OK.
* Substitute the print share service group's virtual name for VIRTUALSERVERNAME.
2. In the "Printers on ..." dialog box, open the Printers folder, right-click on the printer in question and select "Sharing...".
3. Select "Not shared" and click OK (Figure 3).
4. Repeat these steps as needed for all printers shared during the printer creation phase of the Add Printer Wizard on the virtual server.
The printer(s) should now come online without errors when the service group is onlined.
Imported Document Id
This is machine translated content
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your
For security reasons, your link to this document has expired. Please click on the attachment link to access this file.
The attachment that you are looking for no longer exists.
There has been an issue retrieving your attachment. Please try again.
Currently server is down.
Didn't find the article you were looking for? Try these resources.