Antispam effectiveness is lower than expected.
- Antispam is enabled
1. Open the SMSMSE Administration Console.
2. Click on the Policies tab.
3. Click on Views|Antispam|Premium AntiSpam Settings.
4. If the checkbox Enable Symantec Premium AntiSpam is checked then this condition is met.
- conduit.exe process not using any CPU
1. Start taskmgr.
2. Look for the process name conduit.exe.
3. The process is not using any CPU for a long period of time.
Use the performance counter set from this article to validate this behavior: How to enable Performance Monitor Logging for Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange (SMSMSE).
- AntiSpam rules are not being updated.
1. Open Windows explorer to the following folder:
Default 32-bit system: C:\Program Files\Symantec\SMSMSE\<version>\Server
Default 64-bit system: C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\SMSMSE\<version>\Server
2. Check files in folders that start with bm_ruleset. If all the files have a date older than one day then this condition is met.
The conduit.exe process has encountered deadlock condition while creating temporary files.
Upgrade to SMSME 6.5.7 or later.
Restart the conduit.exe process every hour using a Windows Scheduled Task.
1. Download & unzip the attachment kickconduit.zip.
2. Navigate to Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Scheduled Tasks.
3. Double-click Add Scheduled Task.
4. Click Next, Choose Browse. Navigate to the extracted location for kickconduit.bat and select the kickconduit.bat file. Click Open.
5. Click the Daily raidio button and click Next.
6. Confirm Every Day is selected. Set the start Date / Time to 12:00 am of the next day. Click Next.
7. Specify a username\password with Local Administrator access. Click Next.
8. Check Open advanced properties... and click Finish.
9. Click the Schedule tab and choose Advanced.
10. Click the Repeat Task check box. Set Every: to 1 and set the other drop down minute to hours.
11. Set the Duration to 24 Hours. Leave minutes blank. Click OK. Click Apply. Click OK.
The scheduled task is now completed and will go into effect at midnight. If you wish to immediately put the task into effect you can right-click the newly created Scheduled Task and choose the Run option.
kickconduit.zip (155.0 B)
Rate this Article