We can use the Auto Login feature :when users are not present, the AutoLogin.exe utility completes the user logon process and allows maintenance tasks to complete
When you want to remove the preboot authentication for a software or patch deployment and that requires the preboot authentication to be removed.
GE /SEE authentication for Preboot is enabled.
To use the AutoLogin.exe Utility, complete the following steps:
1. Create a new folder named Autologin. Make sure this folder is in a secure location.
2. From Windows Explorer, locate the AutoLoginData.exe file in the Administrator Program Utilities folder.
The default location is C:\Program Files\GuardianEdge Technologies\EP Hard Disk\Administrator\Utilities.
3. Double-click the AutoLoginData.exe file to run the utility.
4. The EP Hard Disk Autologin Data Utility screen displays . This utility is used to encrypt the EP Hard Disk Corporate or Local Administrator Name and Password and store it in a file that can be read by AutoLogin.exe. Keep this file in a secure location.
A. In the Name field, enter the EP Hard Disk Corporate or Local Administrator name. The Corporate Administrator name is fixed as "Corporate Admin" so you do not need to enter it if that option was selected during setup.
B. In the Password field, enter the EP Hard Disk password that corresponds to the Corporate or Local Administrator account. Type the password again in the Confirmation field
C. In the File Path field, enter the name and path of the file in which the encrypted name and password will be stored. If the directory does not exist, you are prompted to create it. If a file extension is not provided, .txt is automatically added as the extension.
D. When you are done entering information in the screen, click OK
5. Create a batch file (Autologin.bat) with the following parameters:
[Path A] is the location of the AutoLogin.exe utility.
/TL:[minutes] is the maximum elapsed time in minutes that AutoLogin.exe utility can remain active. The valid range is 1–999.
/NR:[number] is the number of restarts allowed before the AutoLogin.exe utility exits. The valid range is 1–999.
/LF:[Path B] is the desired location of the error and event log file.
/File=[Path C] is the location of the Autologin.txt file created in Step 4.
C:\Program Files\GuardianEdge Technologies\EP Hard Disk\User\Utilities\AutoLogin.exe /TL:15 /NR:2 /LF:C:\Autologin\Ephderr.log /File=C:\Autologin\Autologin.txt
Store this batch file securely.
6. Copy the Autologin.txt and Autologin.bat files to the Autologin folder created in Step 1.
7. Include the Autologin.bat file in the network login script or other command line you are using for your installation or upgrade process. .
We can use the Auto Login feature :
when users are not present, the AutoLogin.exe utility completes the user logon process and allows maintenance tasks to complete
First, the AutoLoginData.exe program encrypts the EP Hard Disk Corporate or Local Administrator Name and Password. The resulting file is incorporated into AutoLogin.exe utility script. The AutoLogin.exe utility can be executed from a network login script, or command line entered in SMS or another remote installation tool. Specific command-line parameters allow the administrator to control the valid length of time for computer restarts to take place, the number of restarts, and a destination for an error and event log file.
Imported Document Id
This is machine translated content
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Didn't find the article you were looking for? Try these resources.