Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) console is showing blank page for the first three tabs (Home, Monitors and Reports). However, Reporting data is available without any issue while reaching http://localhost:8014/reporting on Internet Explorer.
After clicking the Log Off, the console displays "Logging Off" and hangs.
Error in scm-ui.log: "Can't execute the native embedded browser. Error message: org.jdesktop.jdic.init.JdicInitException: Can't locate the native browser path!"
JAVA requires a library named JDIC (http://javadesktop.org/articles/jdic/index.html) in order to use embedded browser in SEPM console. In that specific case, javaw.exe/JDIC queries default browser value from registry and cannot find it. As a consequence of it, embedded browser (IeEmbed.exe) cannot be used and Reporting data cannot be shown in SEPM GUI.
It seems the problem occurred after installing Windows updates.
1. Click on Start
2. Choose Run
3. Type regedit then press Enter
4. Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\http\shell\open:
5. Add a new key named "command" (without quotes)
6. Double-click on default value
7. Set the value to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -nohome (with quotes):
8. Close registry editor and log in to SEPM console