There is another program that already uses port 2638 and you want to use the embedded database for Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) 12.1.
The Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager(SEPM) can use a custom port for the embedded database by using the following steps.
- From the Services Panel (Start->Run..->services.msc) stop the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Webserver, and Symantec Embedded Database services.
- Open the registry. (Start->Run..->regedit)
- Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\SQLANYs_sem5\parameters
- Double-click on Parameters DWORD Value and change the 2638 value at the end of the string to a port you have determined to be free (such as 2639)
- Open C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\tomcat\conf\Catalina\localhost\ROOT.xml (default location) with Notepad.
- Find "port=2638" and change it to the new port you will be using
- Open C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\bin\ODBCUTIL.properties (default location) with Notepad.
- Find "DB_DEFAULT_PORT_EMBEDDED=2638" and change it to the new port you will be using
- Now start the Symantec Embedded Database from services.msc
- Go to Start > Administrative Tools > Data Sources(ODBC), Click on the 'System DSN' tab, then double click SymantecEndpointSecurityDSN. On the Network tab, in the TCP/IP field change the port number to the new port. Verify the information is correct on the Login and Database tabs, then on the ODBC tab click 'Test Connection'
PLEASE NOTE: For 64bit Servers the 'System DSN' tab may be empty, if this is the case browse to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32 to launch Data Sources(ODBC). The 'System DSN' tab should now have the correct entry.
- Now start the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Webserver then Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager from Services. (Start->Run..->services.msc)
- Verify everything is now working by logging into the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.
Rate this Article