When attempting to login to the SEPM console, the login process hangs, or returns an error and the service shuts down.
This error occurs because the Tomcat connection pool is full.
Increasing the connection pool value will correct this issue:
Prior to SEP 11 RU7:
1. Stop the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager service:
2. Navigate to \Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\tomcat\conf
3. Edit server.xml in notepad
4. Change the value for maxactive from 150 to 300
5. Save the file
6. Start the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager service.
SEP 11 RU7 and later,
2. Navigate to \Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\tomcat\conf\Catalina\localhost
3. Edit root.xml
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Get support for your product, with downloads, knowledge base articles, documentation, and more.
Maximize your product competency and validate technical knowledge to gain the most benefit from your IT investments.
Submit a suspected infected file to Symantec.
Report a suspected erroneous detection (false positive).
Set default language
Do you wish to save this as your future site?