When attempting to login to the SEPM console, the login process hangs, or returns an error and the service shuts down.
This error occurs because the Tomcat connection pool is full.
Increasing the connection pool value will correct this issue:
Prior to SEP 11 RU7:
1. Stop the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager service:
2. Navigate to \Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\tomcat\conf
3. Edit server.xml in notepad
4. Change the value for maxactive from 150 to 300
5. Save the file
6. Start the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager service.
SEP 11 RU7 and later,
2. Navigate to \Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\tomcat\conf\Catalina\localhost
3. Edit root.xml
Did this article resolve your issue?
Did this article save you the trouble of contacting technical support?
How can we make this article more helpful?
Email Address (Optional)
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Create and manage cases, manage licensing and renewals, submit threats, and enroll with Symantec Rewards.
Customer and Technical Support phone numbers and hours of operation.
User-to-user forums, blogs, videos, and other community resources on Symantec Connect.
Set default language
Do you wish to save this as your future site?