You would like to know how to install clients using the "Client Deployment Wizard" tool in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager in the SEP 12.1.
You need to deploy clients in your environment so Symantec Endpoint Protection can be installed. NOTE: This will not differentiate between managed and unmanaged clients.
To install clients using the "Client Deployment Wizard" tool in Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, follow the below steps:
1. Click the Home page
2. In the right-hand side you see a selection box for Common tasks: Select a Task
3. Select Install protection client to computers
4. Select New/Existing Package Deployment
5. Select the existing package or define the installation settings as required
6. Select Remote Push
7. Select the machines to which the client should be deployed and complete the Wizard
8. The next screen is Computer Selection. In this screen, the left-hand side has a box where one of two tabs can be selected BrowseNetwork or SearchNetwork.
If Search Network is selected, it will be visible a button Find Computers. Pushing this button will pop-up a window with three selection options (IP address range, Computer name and Import computer list from file (Tab delimited text file).
9. After finding the computers, they should be selected and transferred (using the >> button) to the right-hand side box - where the Computers to install the SEP client are listed.
A windows will popup requesting the credentials. Enter the credentials and complete the Wizard.
Rate this Article
This is machine translated content
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Didn't find the article you were looking for? Try these resources.