Enable trace logging to troubleshoot advanced task issues that involve the task services on a site server.
Task service installed on SMP uses SMP logging framework and settings.
Remote Task Service (i.e. the one installed on a separate machine) uses its own logging framework and settings.
The log file is located under:
The logging settings are specified in the following file:
Here is a sample content of the file:
In order to enable more verbose logging, change the following settings:
- severity set to 255 (this is the bitmask of levels for log messages to be written to the log).
- maxLogSize set to something large, e.g. 10000000 (this is maximum log file size in bytes).
After the changes to the configuration file are made, the following services would have to be restarted:
- Altiris Object Host Service (AtrsHost)
- Altiris Client Task Data Loader (CTDataLoad)
- World Wide Web Publishing Service (w3p)