Many SharePoint environments are starting to adapt Remote BLOB Storage solutions to optimize storage within SQL. Unfortunately this complicates the backup/recovery of SharePoint and prevents granular recovery from working properly.
Granular Recovery with RBS providers will NOT work at this time but you can backup and restore the entire farm or databases.
- Backup the SharePoint Content Database using the “Microsoft SharePoint Resources\” directive as normal.
- Backup the BLOB Store(s) using a Windows backup.
- Backup the StoragePoint Database (only necessary if StoragePoint configuration changes have occurred) you will need to configure a NetBackup SQL server backup policy to backup this database.
- Recovery the StoragePoint Database first (only necessary if StoragePoint configuration changes have occurred)
- Recovery the BLOB Store(s)
- Recovery the SharePoint Content Database
Rate this Article