Internet Information Services (IIS) is a required component of the Management Server. It comes with Windows Server 2003, but the operating system can be installed without this component. You need to know what all component need to be added before installing the SEE Manager.
Windows Server 2003
Follow these steps to complete the installation of IIS:
1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, then click Configure Your Server Wizard. The
welcome page of the Configure Your Server Wizard appears. Click Next, then click Next again.
2. The Server Role page appears. Select Application server (IIS, ASP.NET), then click Next.
3. The Application Server Options page appears. Select the Enable ASP.NET check box, then click Next.
4. The Summary of Selections page appears. Click Next.
5. Insert the Windows Server 2003 setup CD when prompted, then click OK.
6. When installation has finished, the This Server is Now an Application server page appears. click Finish.
Windows Server 2008
The Web Server (IIS) server role and required role services are included as part of Windows Server 2008, and may be
enabled using the following steps:
1. Click Start, then click Server Manager. The Server Manager snap-in appears.
2. In the left-hand pane, right-click Roles and click Add roles. The Add Roles Wizard appears. Click Next.
3. The Select Server Roles page appears. Select the Web Server (IIS) check box.
4. The Add features required for Web Server (IIS) dialog appears. Click Add Required Features, then click Next. Click Next again.
5. The Select Role Services page appears. Expand Web Server, then expand Application Development and select the ASP.NET check box.
6. The Add role services and features required for ASP.NET dialog appears. Click Add Required Role Services. Note that selecting this box will cause the .NET Extensibility, ISAPI Extensions, and ISAPI Filters check boxes to also be selected.
7. Expand Security and select the Basic Authentication check box.
8. Expand Management Tools, then select the IIS Management Scripts and Tools check box and the IIS 6 Management Compatibility check box.
9. Click Next, then click Install. After the Add Roles Wizard indicates that installation was successful, click Close. Choose File, then click Exit to close the Server Manager snap-in.
Rate this Article