Backup and Restore job throughput performance rates are slower than expected with Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) version 12.1 installed.
No actual error is presented. The primary symptom is backup jobs taking longer to complete than expected.
Performance may be improved by creating Exclusions for the SEP client for Backup Exec and System Recovery processes.
In the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM)
* Backup Exec System Recovery processes
For 32bit OS
· C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\Agent\VProSvc.exe
· C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\Shared\Driver\SymsnapService.exe
For 64bit OS
· C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\Agent\VProSvc.exe
· C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\Shared\Driver\SymsnapServicex64.exe
- Scan when a file is accessed or modified: Scans the files when they are written, opened, moved, copied, or run. Use this option for more complete file system protection. This option might have a performance impact because Auto-Protect scans files during all types of operations.
- Scan when a file is modified: Scans the files when they are written, modified, or copied. Use this option for slightly faster performance.
*Note: This option may permit threats to be executed from any removable media that is inserted. Please ensure proper steps are taken to avoid this.
Rate this Article