Uninstall Microsoft Installer KB981669 from the computer and then reboot the system. Restart the PGP Desktop installation.
Workaround (without uninstall KB981669)
1. Install ORCA tool from internet (it’s part of Windows installer SDK,
which can be downloaded from MS site).
2. Open the PGP installer MSI package using ORCA tool (right click .msi
and select ‘Edit with ORCA)
3. Find ‘RemoveExistingProducts’ API from ‘Edit|Find’ option in ORCA
tool. It should be present in ‘InstallExecuteSequence table).
4. Set the value ‘0’ (Zero) in column ‘condition ‘ for a row
5. Save the changes.
6. Run the changed msi to install product
This is machine translated content
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Didn't find the article you were looking for? Try these resources.