When attempting to export an item from a layers “Name (64-bit)” registry hive, the save action does not save.
This issue has been reproduced using all publicly available 64bit Symantec Workspace Virtualization (SWV) builds (6.3.2046, 2059 & 2065, 6.4.1266 & 1346).
This problem occurs if SWV is cleanly installed as well as if it is upgraded.
This situation happens when using either an existing 64bit layer or with a newly
created 64bit layer.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Install SWV 6.3.2046 64bit or later on Windows 7 64bit.
2. After the reboot, either import an already created 64bit layer or create a
3. Deactivate the layer and then open its properties.
4. Go to its Registry tab.
5. Either expand a hive that has "(64-bit)" as part of its name and then
choose the Export right-click menu item, or perform that action on the hive
6. Choose a location to export to, supply a name and press the Save button.
7. The save action will not work and refreshing the targeted save location
will confirm this.
8. Attempt to export from a hive that does not have "(64-bit)" as part of its
name, and you will succeed.
Unfortunately the "EditRegistryPage::GetTreeItemKeyName" code was never updated to
handle the 64-bit registry paths.
The "EditRegistryPage::GetTreeItemKeyName" code has now been updated to handle 64bit registry paths, and will be included in the upcoming 6.1 Service Pack (SP) 8 release.
SWV 6.4.1346 64bit on Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
When attempting to export an item from a “Name (64-bit)” registry hive, the save action does not save.
This is machine translated content
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Didn't find the article you were looking for? Try these resources.