When attempting to export an item from a layers “Name (64-bit)” registry hive, the save action does not save.
This issue has been reproduced using all publicly available 64bit Symantec Workspace Virtualization (SWV) builds (6.3.2046, 2059 & 2065, 6.4.1266 & 1346).
This problem occurs if SWV is cleanly installed as well as if it is upgraded.
This situation happens when using either an existing 64bit layer or with a newly
created 64bit layer.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Install SWV 6.3.2046 64bit or later on Windows 7 64bit.
2. After the reboot, either import an already created 64bit layer or create a
3. Deactivate the layer and then open its properties.
4. Go to its Registry tab.
5. Either expand a hive that has "(64-bit)" as part of its name and then
choose the Export right-click menu item, or perform that action on the hive
6. Choose a location to export to, supply a name and press the Save button.
7. The save action will not work and refreshing the targeted save location
will confirm this.
8. Attempt to export from a hive that does not have "(64-bit)" as part of its
name, and you will succeed.
Unfortunately the "EditRegistryPage::GetTreeItemKeyName" code was never updated to
handle the 64-bit registry paths.
The "EditRegistryPage::GetTreeItemKeyName" code has now been updated to handle 64bit registry paths, and will be included in the upcoming 6.1 Service Pack (SP) 8 release.
SWV 6.4.1346 64bit on Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
When attempting to export an item from a “Name (64-bit)” registry hive, the save action does not save.