Troubleshooting Steps for client communication issue
How to verify whether the client is communicating or not. (Available only if Full Disk is Installed, SEE-RS only users will not see the Check-in option)
1. Open the Symantec Endpoint Encryption Client console 2. Login with the registered account 3. Click on Check-in and see what message you get.
How to verify whether the client computer is able to reach the IIS and also connecting the port.
1. Open the registry 2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Encryption Anywhere\Framework\Client database 3. Right click on the Client database and click on permission 4. Give full control to the logged in user 5. Look for the key “server location” on the right hand side and right click to Modify 6. Copy the link in the key “server location” and paste it on the I E (browser). If you are able to browse the page the client computer is able to reach the IIS.
What if the client computer is not able to browse the “GECommunication” page
1. Make sure if we are able to ping the server from the client 2. Enable the telnet service on both the server and client side and see if we can telnet the port. 3. Try to browse the same page on the SEE server and see we can browse the page 4. Disable Widows or third party firewall 5. Re-push the SEE-Framework package and OTP package and see if the client is checking in.
How to enable the log files and which files to see for client communication issue.
1. Open the registry and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Encryption Anywhere\Framework 2. Highlight the Framework and on the right hand side look for “DebugLevel” 3. Modify the Key “DebugLevel” to 5 4. Restart the “EAFRCliManager” services. 5. You will find the logs under C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Encryption Client\TechLogs. 6. Look for the log file Eafrclicomm.log
Verify settings under IIS.
1. Open the IIS and check if we have the Symantec Endpoint Encryption AppPool 2. Right click and got to the properties of Symantec Endpoint Encryption AppPool and under Identity tab, make sure it is running under Network Service under Predefined. 3. Go to the Properties of Symantec Web Server and under Directory Security ,click on Edit on Authentication and Access control and make sure it is running under Basic authentication. 4. Under the Home Directory make sure the path is under C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Encryption Management Server\CommuncationWS\GECommuncation.asmx
SEEMS Configuration Manager 1. Make sure the password is correctly entered in the Web Server Configuration tab. 2. Make sure the port are correctly configured.
Imported Document Id
This is machine translated content
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Didn't find the article you were looking for? Try these resources.