When trying to delete a Symantec Endpoint Protection Integration Component (SEPIC) SEP install package (Home > Symantec Endpoint Protection Management > Configure Endpoint Packages), the package fails to be deleted. This causes one of the following errors to occur:
- "Failed to delete Symantec Endpoint Protection Client Package(s). Please see Altiris log for more information."
- A blank "i" information message is displayed on the task page with no error information.
- No error or information appears and there is no indication that the delete failed.
In call variations, the package is still visible in the package list.
In the Altiris Console: "Failed to delete Symantec Endpoint Protection Client Package(s). Please see Altiris log for more information."
In the Altiris server logs:
Description: Symantec Endpoint Protection Integration Component::Exception occurred while deleting Software Release Resource '<package_name> - (<guid>)'
( Exception Details: Altiris.NS.Exceptions.DeleteItemRefgerenceException: Failed to delete software resource with Guid: [<package_name> - (<guid>)] Name:::<package_name>:::as the item is referenced by another item.
The SEPIC SEP install package is referenced by a SEPIC migration package and cannot therefore be deleted.
Change the SEPIC migration package to use a different SEPIC SEP install package or delete it.
- In the Symantec Management Platform console, click on Manage > Jobs and Tasks.
- Click on System Jobs and Tasks.
- Click on Symantec Endpoint Protection Management.
- Click on a "Migrate computers to latest Symantec Endpoint Protection Client" task.
- If the Package is the one to be deleted, delete the migration task. Note: Changing the Package to a different package and then clicking on the "Save changes" button does not remove the association and therefore it is necessary to delete the migration task.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each "Migrate computers" task found that has the same package.
- The SEPIC SEP install package can now be deleted.
Imported Document Id