When trying to create a Symantec Endpoint Protection Integration Component (SEPIC) SEP install package (Home > Symantec Endpoint Protection Management > Configure Endpoint Packages), the package fails to be created. This causes one of the following errors to occur:
- "Failed to Create Symantec Endpoint Protection Client Package(s). Please see Altiris log for more information. "
- No error or information appears.
In the Altiris Console: "Failed to create Symantec Endpoint Protection Client Package(s). Please see Altiris log for more information."
In the Altiris server logs:
Description: Symantec Endpoint Protection Integration Component::Failed to create directory for package.
A directory with the same name as the package already exists.
When a new SEPIC SEP install package is created, it creates a directory that contains a script and the SEP setup.exe and then makes entries into the database. If this process becomes corrupted, the package list may no longer show packages that physically exist in their own directory. This prevents new packages from being created with the same name.
Delete or rename/move the original directory.
- On the Symantec Management Platform server, open Explorer.
- Navigate to the path of where the packages are installed to. For example, for x86, this can be at C:\Program Files\Altiris\Notification Server\NSCap\bin\Win32\X86\Symantec Endpoint Protection\Install Package. Note: The path is displayed for the package when viewed in the Client Package Configuration window.
- Delete the directory to be removed.
- In the Altiris Console, navigate to Home > Symantec Endpoint Protection Management > Configure Endpoint Pack.
- Create a new package using the old name that did not work before.
Imported Document Id