How do I obtain the files to allow integration of Symantec™ Web Gateway (SWG) 5.0.2 and later with Protection Center (SPC) 2.0 Release Update 1 (RU1)?
Please review the document below for the information and files necessary to manually install SWG 5.0.2 and later with the Symantec™ Protection Center 2.0 Release Update 1 (SPC 2.0 RU1).
Note: Users who have internet access from the Symantec Protection Center Appliance automatically receive LiveUpdates and should see the SCSP PAC file available for installation on their systems under Admin/Software Update. These users do not need to follow the instructions below.
Prior to attempting the SCSP PAC installation, please review the following documentation for useful information and helpful hints:
Symantec™ Web Gateway (SWG) 5.0.2 Integration guide with Symantec Protection Center 2.0 RU1
Symantec™ Protection Center 2.0 Release Update 1 Release Notes – What’s New and Known Issues
Symantec Protection Center User Guide – See how to install Software Updates
Follow these steps for updating the Symantec Protection Center (SPC) software manually if the SPC appliance was not able to automatically receive the LiveUpdate, does not have access to an internet connection, or if you need to perform an update immediately and do not want to wait for the automatic mechanism.
Note: You must download and install all required patches. You must include all patches prior to the one you want to install, unless otherwise indicated in the instructions for the patch. If you omit a required patch from the set, the manual installation process will fail with an error message.
1. Save the files on appropriate storage media (USB drive, DVD, or CD) that the Protection Center appliance can read. Do not select network drives, Web sites, or FTP addresses.
2. Login directly to the Protection Center appliance with the SPC_Admin account, this will bring up the SPC Control Panel.
3. In the Protection Center control panel, under Manual Protection Center Update, click Install Protection Center Update.
4. On the Install Protection Center Update dialog box, click Browse and then select the update file that you want to install.
5. Click Run.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the update file.
Note: The LiveUpdates need to be installed in the following order.
1. All Patches released prior to the patch being installed. Please see: Manual Updates
2. SWG PAC - ManualSPCSWGUpdate2011_10_20_2B_203.zip….....Update Version: 2011/10/21.
This document references the download location for the following files: ManualSPCSWGUpdate2011_10_20_2B_203.zip
ManualSPCSWGUpdate2011_10_20_2B_203.zip (132.4 KB)
Rate this Article