Problem: Client gets a zip archive file with PGP Desktop.exe in it. When trying to install using the .exe file; it cannot install and generates an generic error.
Reason: client should only be installing a .msi file not an .exe file.
Use the following steps to install PGP Desktop:
1. Start the installation using the .exe file, do not continue the installation when prompted to select a language.
2. Click Start > Run (Windows XP) of Start and type %temp% (Windows 7). The contents of the Windows Temp directory are displayed.
3. Locate in the Temp directory, a PGP folder. It will display PGP follow by some numbers. e.g. PGP2dd41.
4. In the directory, search for a .msi file. Copy the .msi file to the Windows Desktop or other location
5. Restart the installation using the .msi file.
Did this article resolve your issue?
Did this article save you the trouble of contacting technical support?
How can we make this article more helpful?
Email Address (Optional)
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Create and manage cases, manage licensing and renewals, submit threats, and enroll with Symantec Rewards.
Customer and Technical Support phone numbers and hours of operation.
User-to-user forums, blogs, videos, and other community resources on Symantec Connect.
Set default language
Do you wish to save this as your future site?