Problem: Client gets a zip archive file with PGP Desktop.exe in it. When trying to install using the .exe file; it cannot install and generates an generic error.
Reason: client should only be installing a .msi file not an .exe file.
Use the following steps to install PGP Desktop:
1. Start the installation using the .exe file, do not continue the installation when prompted to select a language.
2. Click Start > Run (Windows XP) of Start and type %temp% (Windows 7). The contents of the Windows Temp directory are displayed.
3. Locate in the Temp directory, a PGP folder. It will display PGP follow by some numbers. e.g. PGP2dd41.
4. In the directory, search for a .msi file. Copy the .msi file to the Windows Desktop or other location
5. Restart the installation using the .msi file.
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your
For security reasons, your link to this document has expired. Please click on the attachment link to access this file.
The attachment that you are looking for no longer exists.
There has been an issue retrieving your attachment. Please try again.
Get support for your product, with downloads, knowledge base articles, documentation, and more.
Maximize your product competency and validate technical knowledge to gain the most benefit from your IT investments.
Submit a suspected infected file to Symantec.
Report a suspected erroneous detection (false positive).
Set default language
Do you wish to save this as your future site?