How to install the Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) client to Windows Server Server Core Operating Systems.
See the system requirements for your version of the SEP client to confirm compatability with your version of Windows Server Core edition. If the release version of Windows is listed as supported, then the Core edition is supported. (for example, if Windows Server 2012 R2 is listed in the system requirements for your version, then Windows Server 2012 R2 Core is supported by that version).
Install the SEP client to Server Core computers using the same process you use for other versions of Windows.
Use your preferred remote deployment method for Windows Server Core clients.
Ensure the following prerequisites when installing the SEP client through the Client Deployment Wizard (CDW) on Windows Server Core:
- Allow Windows File Sharing and remote services ports through the Windows firewall ( TCP ports 139 and 445 and UDP ports 137 and 138 )
- Enable the Remote Registry service
- Enable the Server service
- A password protected account that is a member of the Local Administrators group
- The remote registry, C$ and Admin$ shares are accessible using the above account
Launch the client interface
To access the SEP client interface, run SymCorpUI.exe (C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\<SEP Client Version>\Bin\SymCorpUI.exe by default).