You have installed Symantec Protection for Sharepoint on Microsoft Sharepoint 2010 Front End Server in a farm environment, and you are not able to access console for Symantec Protection for Sharepoint SPSS 6.0 in central administration web site. You are receiving the following error.
“ ERROR occurred in the SPSS, Please contact administrator and look for logs for more details 5001”
- User account used to log on to front end server was not a Farm Administrator. Although service account to be used for SPSS service during installation has permissions for Farm Admin.
- Service account used for SPSS service during installation has permissions for local Administrator on Front End and Backend server.
- Service account used for SPSS service during installation does not have permissions for Public in server roles and public & db_owner in Database role mapping in SQL server.
- SPSS service is not running/installed on the server where Sharepoint Central Administration is installed (usually the Front End server)
Please check the following to resolve the issue.
- Login to the machine with a user having farmadmin credentials, the user who has configured the SharePoint farm, while running the installer.
- Please check permissions for the service account that is mentioned during installation.
- Make sure that Service account you have mentioned is local administrator on front end and backend and is a farmadmin, the user who has configured the SharePoint farm.
- Make sure SPSS is installed on the Front End server.
- Make sure firewall is not blocking TCP Ports 9455, 9466, 9477. And you can telnet to these ports on Front End server.
- Run debugview.exe during installation to see if there are any errors.
Windows 2008 R2 enterprise Server with Sharepoint 2010 Server. Front End Server in a farm.
Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise Server with SQL 2008 server as a backend server.
Security Login Properties for SPSS Service account showing Server Roles
server_roles.jpg (75.3 KB)
Security Login Properties for SPSS Service account showing User Mappings
user_mappings.jpg (97.1 KB)