Symantec Scan Engine, Symantec AntiVirus for Network Attached Storage, Symantec AntiVirus for Caching, and Symantec AntiVirus for Messaging version 5.2.11 contain a minor log file output defect, this defect can impact backwards compatibility when Scan Engine is upgraded from 5.2.11 to a later version.
Please apply this hotfix to Symantec Scan Engine, Symantec AntiVirus for Network Attached Storage, Symantec AntiVirus for Caching, and Symantec AntiVirus for Messaging version 5.2.11 environments. The hotfix for this log file output defect mentioned above will also be included in all later releases of Scan Engine.
The 5.2.11 hotfix is attached to this article. Please use the hotfix which applies to the corresponding OS that Symantec Scan Engine is installed on.
Steps to install the 5.2.11 hotfix,
1. Stop the Symantec Scan Engine service.
2. Go to the Scan Engine install directory. By default on Windows this is Program Files\Symantec\Scan Engine\, and on Unix it is /opt/SYMCScan/bin.
3. Make a copy of the following files:
- libcsapi.so (for Linux and Solaris)
- csapi.dll (for Windows)
4. Replace libcsapi.so, symcscan, servers.jar, and guitar.jar with the new versions of the file, provided in the down loaded hotfix.
5. Start the Symantec Scan Engine service back up.
Note, this hotfix should only be applied to Scan Engine build 5.2.11.
The logs generated with non-patched SSE Version 126.96.36.199 poses this conversion problem. This hotfix will work only on the logs which are generated either (a) by pre-5.2.11 SSE (5.2.10 and ealier) or (b) by patched SSE5.2.11.
To convert logs generated by non-patched SSE5.2.11, see TECH134905.
Symantec Scan Engine 5.2.11
Symantec AntiVirus for Network Attached Storage 5.2.11
Symantec AntiVirus for Caching 5.2.11
Symantec AntiVirus for Messaging 5.2.11
Symantec Scan Engine 5.2.11 hotfix for Windows
WindowsPatch.rar (6.4 MB)
Symantec Scan Engine 5.2.11 hotfix for Solaris
SolarisPatch.tar.gz (7.6 MB)
Symantec Scan Engine 5.2.11 hotfix for Linux
LinuxPatch.tar.gz (9.1 MB)