There is a new feature in ServiceDesk 7.1 SP2 to add attachments to KB articles. However, when an end user is viewing a Knowledge Base article that has an attachment, they try to open it and get and error 'Error loading document version' and they cannot open the attachment.
Application Name : ProcessManager
Process ID : 2148
Date :1/10/2012 2:17:36 PM
Log Level :Error
Log Category :Docman
Machine Name : Altiris
[docman service] Error loading latest document version.
[docman service] Client Host Information:
[docman service] IP: 10.10.10.10
[docman service] HostName: 10.10.10.10.
[docman service] Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.2; WOW64)
[docman service] -- error.ToString() --
[docman service] System.Exception: You don't have permission to view this document.
[docman service] at LogicBase.Ensemble.Docman.Docman.GetLatestDocumentVersion(String sessionID, String documentID)
Users do not have permissions on the attachments. Process Manager Portal does not automatically set permissions on the documents for user access.
The permissions need to be set for each document that is loaded into the Process Manager Portal Documents.
- Log into the Process Manager Portal with an administrator user (technically, an user with DocumentManagement management permissions, including DocumentManagement.CanViewHiddenCategories will do).
- In the Process Manager Portal open the Documents tab.
- Check the Show hidden folders in Browse web part on the left (enables seeing the hidden document categories, including the one for KB articles).
- Go to the document category for the particular KB article: KB > article category > article title and find the document.
Note: When the document is added it will show in the Recent Documents folder. If you do this immediately after adding an attachment, you could open the Recent Documents folder to find the new document.
- Click on the orange arrow, choose Edit, then Permissions. Here is where you can set the permission by User, Group, Permission or Organization. If you want to set by permission you could pick Articles.Access.
- After setting the correct permission the users should then be able to open the attachment.
ServiceDesk 7.1 SP2
Imported Document Id