How to export Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) 12.1 client install packages without any definitions or package with Basic Content.
Follow the steps provided below to Export client packages with / without latest definitions. Note that screens when exporting a SEP for Mac client will appear slightly different.
1) Login into Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM).
Click on Home and from Common Tasks, select Install Protection Client to Computers
2) In the Select the Group and Install Features set window, and under the In the Content Options, select
All Content: This option will have content version at the time of the deployment.
Basic Content: This option provides small client deployment packages, the definition (content) are downloaded via LiveUpdate after client installation.
3) Select the preferred installation method. Example is using Save Package.
4) Select the way it needs to be saved (Single .exe or separate files in .MSI).
5) Before it is saved, it gives modules/details of the package.
Once confirmed, click Next.
6) Package is created at the saved location. ClickFinishButton This package can be used to push to the clients at Later time.
Packages exported from a SEP 12.1 SEPM typically contain the latest available set of antivirus definitions. However, the ability was added in SEP 12.1 to export an install package that is much smaller. This is done by including no definitions in the install package.
Imported Document Id
This is machine translated content
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Didn't find the article you were looking for? Try these resources.