The SSE administration console does not open and the following error message is displayed:
Error. Click for details
Double clicking on the error message shows an Application Error dialog box with the following text:
The application failed to run.
There was an error while executing the application. Click "Details" for more information.
The following screenshot shows the error message:
Clicking the Details button shows the following error details:
java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl not found
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl not found
at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at com.symantec.common.XMLDocumentAccess.init(Unknown Source)
at com.symantec.common.XMLDocumentAccess.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
at com.symantec.gui.builder.LangKeys.init(Unknown Source)
Java Runtime Environment 6 (JRE6) has new security setting which by default displays a warning to verify if mixed mode Java code is allowed to run. The following screenshot shows this setting in the JRE control panel:
When this setting is enabled the following dialog box appears when starting the SSE administration console:
If the Yes button is clicked then the SSE administration console does not load and the error message is displayed.
An enhancement to handle this issue is implemented on version 7.0.3.
Workaround for version 7.0.2 or lower:
Use one of the following solutions:
- Click "No" when "Warning - Security" window with question "Block potentially unsafe components from being run? (recommended)" is displayed
- Configure Java to allow mixed mode code by default
1. Open Windows Control Panel and click Java (32-bit) icon to open the Java Control Panel.
2. Click the Advanced tab.
3. Open the tree item Security|Mixed Mode and click the radio option Disable verification (not recommended). Click the OK button to close the JRE control panel.
- Java Runtime Environment 6
Imported Document Id