SMP Console does not load from remote clients but works when loading it from a server browser (localhost address)
'Error 401 Unauthorized' error on the browser when attempting to load the Symantec Management Console from a remote client.
Constant Prompting for credentials despite inputting the correct ones.
This can be attributed to a few issues:
- Incorrect login credentials on IIS disallowing remote users
- Obsolete DNS host settings from the client PC.
- Change of NS server ID (Domain Name) after a rebuilt.
- Verify IIS credentials such as the anonymous user account.
- Make sure that the client PC is able to ping the server by domain name. You can also try to access the console by IP address (eg http://0.0.0.0/Altiris/Console/)
- Make sure that the Domain Name of the Server has not been previously altered.
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Get support for your product, with downloads, knowledge base articles, documentation, and more.
Maximize your product competency and validate technical knowledge to gain the most benefit from your IT investments.
Submit a suspected infected file to Symantec.
Report a suspected erroneous detection (false positive).
Create and manage cases, manage licensing and renewals, submit threats, and enroll with Symantec Rewards.
Customer and Technical Support phone numbers and hours of operation.
User-to-user forums, blogs, videos, and other community resources on Symantec Connect.
Set default language
Do you wish to save this as your future site?