SMP Console does not load from remote clients but works when loading it from a server browser (localhost address)
'Error 401 Unauthorized' error on the browser when attempting to load the Symantec Management Console from a remote client.
Constant Prompting for credentials despite inputting the correct ones.
This can be attributed to a few issues:
- Incorrect login credentials on IIS disallowing remote users
- Obsolete DNS host settings from the client PC.
- Change of NS server ID (Domain Name) after a rebuilt.
- Verify IIS credentials such as the anonymous user account.
- Make sure that the client PC is able to ping the server by domain name. You can also try to access the console by IP address (eg http://0.0.0.0/Altiris/Console/)
- Make sure that the Domain Name of the Server has not been previously altered.
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your
For security reasons, your link to this document has expired. Please click on the attachment link to access this file.
The attachment that you are looking for no longer exists.
There has been an issue retrieving your attachment. Please try again.
Currently server is down.
Get support for your product, with downloads, knowledge base articles, documentation, and more.
Maximize your product competency and validate technical knowledge to gain the most benefit from your IT investments.
Submit a suspected infected file to Symantec.
Report a suspected erroneous detection (false positive).
Set default language
Do you wish to save this as your future site?