In order to install Symantec Endpoint Protection clients (SEP) locally, you can export an install package with predefined features and settings.
1. Open the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager console (SEPM), click on the Admin, select Install packages, then right click on the install package you want to export
2. In the next window, browse to the folder you want to export your setup.exe file to and tick on the group the SEP client will belong to. Select the SEP features and preferred mode and click on OK
3. The package will then be created
4. Once created, you will see the following message
5. Finally, you can retrieve the package from the destination folder
Did this article resolve your issue?
Did this article save you the trouble of contacting technical support?
How can we make this article more helpful?
Email Address (Optional)
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Get support for your product, with downloads, knowledge base articles, documentation, and more.
Maximize your product competency and validate technical knowledge to gain the most benefit from your IT investments.
Submit a suspected infected file to Symantec.
Report a suspected erroneous detection (false positive).
Create and manage cases, manage licensing and renewals, submit threats, and enroll with Symantec Rewards.
Customer and Technical Support phone numbers and hours of operation.
User-to-user forums, blogs, videos, and other community resources on Symantec Connect.
Set default language
Do you wish to save this as your future site?