You are looking for articles that outline the best practices for installing, upgrading, configuring, and managing Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP), or for dealing with security threats.
Symantec offers best practices articles for Endpoint Protection for the following areas:
- Installation planning
- Upgrade planning
- Policy configuration
- Firewall and intrusion prevention
- Threat remediation
- Other resources
Plan your installation to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.
- Top 10 Symantec Best Practices - Deploying Symantec Endpoint Protection Architecture http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH92051
- Best Practices for Installing Symantec Endpoint Protection on Windows Servers http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH92440
- Addressing Symantec Endpoint Protection compatibility issues http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH103811
- Best practices for reinstalling the SEPM http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH201126
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Sizing and Scalability Best Practices White Paper http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC4448
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1: Best Practices for Disaster Recovery with the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH160736
- Best Practices for Symantec Endpoint Protection on Citrix and Terminal Servers http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH91070
- Best Practices for Running Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 on Point-of-Sale Devices http://www.symantec.com/content/en/us/enterprise/white_papers/b-best-practices-running-sep-12.1-pos-devices-21274594.pdf
Plan your upgrade from an earlier version of Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 or from version 11.0.
- Best practices for upgrading to the latest version of Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.x http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH163700
- Supported upgrade paths to Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1 from Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 11.x http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH192779
- Best practices when upgrading your operating system with Symantec Endpoint Protection already installed http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH197095
Use these guidelines to efficiently manage Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- Best Practices for configuring the number of content revisions to keep in Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH92225
- Best practices for updating server certificates and maintaining the client-server connection http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO81061
- Best practice for GPO applied on Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) Services http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH91070
- Best Practices for Central Deployment and Management of Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) in a Workgroup environment http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH91679
- Best Practices for LiveUpdate Administrator (LUA) 2.x http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH93409
- Best practices for clients that have Symantec Endpoint Protection and Data Loss Prevention installed http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH180886
Configure your policies for optimal results with Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- About best practices for LiveUpdate policy settings http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO80738 (enterprise version)
http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO81247 (Small Business Edition)
- About best practices for creating application control rules http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO80862
- Best Practices for Symantec Endpoint Protection Location Awareness http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH98211
- Group Update Provider: Sizing and Scaling Guidelines http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH95353
- Best Practices for file and folder scan exclusions are recommended when using QuickBooks 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
Exclusion information for Microsoft Operating Systems, Functions, and Products are found on Microsoft's web site. Do a search for "exclusion" and "antivirus" for multiple product information on www.microsoft.com. If you are looking for a particular product, then add the product name to the "exclusion" and "antivirus" search criteria.
Manage Network Threat Protection on your Symantec Endpoint Protection clients.
- Best practices regarding Intrusion Prevention System technology http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH95347
- Best practices for Firewall policy settings http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO80993
- Best Practices for the Intrusion Prevention System component of Symantec Endpoint Protection on high-availability/high bandwidth servers http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH162135
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0 Network Threat Protection (Firewall) Overview and Best Practices White Paper http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH116730
Strengthen your overall security posture and protect your network against malicious threats and attacks.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Recommended Best Practices for Securing an Enterprise Environment http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH166816
- Security Best Practice Recommendations http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH91705
- Security Best Practices for Protecting a Business Environment from Common Threats http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH105236
- Security Response recommendations for Symantec Endpoint Protection settings http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH122943
- Insight Deployment Best Practices http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5077
- Security Best Practices: Stopping malware and other threats http://www.symantec.com/page.jsp?id=stopping_malware
- Using Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 to Protect Against Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) http://www.symantec.com/content/en/us/enterprise/white_papers/b-advanced-protection-with-sep12.pdf
- Best practices regarding Intrusion Prevention System technology. http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH95347
Troubleshoot and respond to threats that may be on your endpoints.
- Best Practices for Troubleshooting Viruses on a Network http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH122466
- Best practice for collecting logs on a possibly infected computer http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH165403
- Best Practices for responding to "Left Alone" in the virus or threat history log http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH101661
- Best Practice when Symantec Endpoint Protection or Symantec AntiVirus is Detecting a File that is Believed to be Safe http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH98360
- Best practices for removal of w32.Downadup http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH177757
- Best practices for remediating W32.Qakbot infected networks http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH158678
Take advantage of Symantec Endpoint Protection's advanced virtualization support for your virtual endpoints.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 - Non-persistent Virtualization Best Practices http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH180229
- Network-based Shared Insight Cache - Best Practices and Sizing guide http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH174123
- Best Practices for using Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 with Amazon WorkSpaces http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH215218
- Best practices for virtualization with Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.2 http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH197344
- Best practices for virtualization with Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1, 12.1 RU1, and 12.1 RU1 MP1 http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH173650
These Symantec pages provide collections of additional resources, such as data sheets, white papers, and other support information.
- Product guides for all versions of Symantec Endpoint Protection http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC7044
- What's new in all versions of Symantec Endpoint Protection http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO101888
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Data Sheets and White Papers http://www.symantec.com/endpoint-protection/data-sheets-white-papers
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition Data Sheets and White Papers http://www.symantec.com/endpoint-protection-small-business-edition/data-sheets-white-papers
- Security Response Publications http://www.symantec.com/security_response/publications/
- Endpoint SWAT: Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 Best Practices http://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/symantec-endpoint-protection-121
- Symantec Connect forum http://www.symantec.com/connect/search/apachesolr_search/best%20practice?filters=type%3Aarticle%20tid%3A691%20tid%3A1403&solrsort=created%20desc&facet_click=1
Note: The original list of Best Practices articles for can be found at the following Symantec Connect article:
Top 25 Best Practices for Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0
Rate this Article