When uninstalling the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) the following error is generated:
Error 2318. File does not exist: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Web Access.url
Errors on Hard Drive.
Bad Hard Disk Sector.
1. Open Run Window
2. Type cmd (Run as Administrator) and press Enter
3. On the command prompt type the command chkdsk /f
4. Then press Y and hit Enter
5. It will schedule the operation on next successful restart
6. Restart the machine, it will run the Windows Chkdsk utility before restarting the machine
7. Once the machine restarts remove the SEPM from Add Remove programs
Chkdsk URL: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb491051.aspx
Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.x and 12.1.x
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Get support for your product, with downloads, knowledge base articles, documentation, and more.
Maximize your product competency and validate technical knowledge to gain the most benefit from your IT investments.
Submit a suspected infected file to Symantec.
Report a suspected erroneous detection (false positive).
Create and manage cases, manage licensing and renewals, submit threats, and enroll with Symantec Rewards.
Customer and Technical Support phone numbers and hours of operation.
User-to-user forums, blogs, videos, and other community resources on Symantec Connect.
Set default language
Do you wish to save this as your future site?