How would you create packages, if you have clients running on computers that are not supported by Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) v.12.1 Small Business Edition (SBE) ?
Environment upgraded to Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) 12.1, but the need to manage SEP 11.x clients for certain computers in your network exists.
One common case: you have computers with Windows 2000 Operating System in your network environment. SEP 12.1 does not support Windows 2000 Operating System, but SEP 11 does.
- In the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager console, click Home.
- On the Home page, in the Common Tasks menu, select Install protection client to computers.
- In the Client Deployment Wizard, select New Package Deployment to select an installation package already on the server. Select Existing Package Deployment to choose a package that was previously exported. Click Next.
- Select the package, the group, the installation feature set and content options and then click Next. See About the client installation settings.
- Click Browse and specify the folder to receive the package.
- Check Single .exe file or Separate files. NOTE: If you are deploying clients with a Windows Group Policy Object, you do not use a single executable file.
- If you have clients running on computers that are not supported by Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.x, you can choose to create packages compatible with legacy systems. To create a package for legacy clients, click Create a package for clients with systems that are not supported by 12.x packages .
- In the Export folder box, accept the default directory or specify another directory, and then click Next.
- Review the settings summary, and then click Next.
- Wait while the installation package is created and then click Finish.
- Save the installation package to a shared network, or email the installation package to the computer users.
- Confirm that the computer users installed the custom installation package. NOTE: You or the computer users must restart the client computers. See Restarting client computers.
- Confirm the status of the deployed clients. See Viewing client inventory.
Symantec Endpoint Protection v.12.1 Small Business Edition (SBE) and network clients running Windows 2000 Operating System