AD ‘Import Role and Account’ rule ignores members of importing group (AD users and groups): a. Located in others (independent) trusted Domains b. Located in other Parent/Child Domains
To reproduce the issue:
1. Have an Active Directory forest with at least 2 Active Directory Domains (e.g. DomainA, DomainB)
2. Create a User ID in DomainA named User1
3. Create a UserID in DomainB named User2
4. Create a AD Security group in DomainA named SMPAdmins, and make it a universal group.
5. Add DomainA\User1 and DomainB\User2 into the AD group DomainA\SMPAdmins
6. On the SMP, configure the Role and Account to import from DomainA, from SMPAdmins group. Run the rule.
7. It will create the associated role (DomainA\SMPAdmins) along with the user (DomainA\User1) however it will not create DomainB\User2.
This issue has been reported to the Symantec Development team. A permanent fix will be provided in the next major release , in this case ITMS 7.1 SP2 MP1 and ITMS 7.5.
Symantec Management Platform 7.1 SP2 SMP 7.1 SP2 Rollup v2, v3, v4
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your
For security reasons, your link to this document has expired. Please click on the attachment link to access this file.
The attachment that you are looking for no longer exists.
There has been an issue retrieving your attachment. Please try again.
Currently server is down.
Get support for your product, with downloads, knowledge base articles, documentation, and more.
Maximize your product competency and validate technical knowledge to gain the most benefit from your IT investments.
Submit a suspected infected file to Symantec.
Report a suspected erroneous detection (false positive).
Set default language
Do you wish to save this as your future site?