When you try to to uninstall GuardianEdge Management Server, you receive an error "Unable to connect to GuardianEdge Management Server database using the connection parameters provided".
Error : "Unable to connect to GuardianEdge Management Server database using the connection parameters provided".
1. Download the "Windows Cleanup Utility" from the Microsoft website.
2. Install the "Windows Cleanup Utility". This utility will remove any application from the windows installer database.
3. Run the Windows Cleanup Utility from the start menu and remove the application which you want to uninstall. In this scenario "GuardianEdge Management Server"
Note : This will only remove it from the Windows Installer database and will not show the application under Add\Remove program.
4. Backup the registry
5. In the registry search for "GuardianEdge". Delete the keys related to this.
6. Now delete the website hosted in the IIS for GuardianEdge Management Server
7. Delete all the folders under program files & startup menu.
8. Reboot the server.
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Get support for your product, with downloads, knowledge base articles, documentation, and more.
Maximize your product competency and validate technical knowledge to gain the most benefit from your IT investments.
Submit a suspected infected file to Symantec.
Report a suspected erroneous detection (false positive).
Set default language
Do you wish to save this as your future site?