When you try to to uninstall GuardianEdge Management Server, you receive an error "Unable to connect to GuardianEdge Management Server database using the connection parameters provided".
Error : "Unable to connect to GuardianEdge Management Server database using the connection parameters provided".
1. Download the "Windows Cleanup Utility" from the Microsoft website.
2. Install the "Windows Cleanup Utility". This utility will remove any application from the windows installer database.
3. Run the Windows Cleanup Utility from the start menu and remove the application which you want to uninstall. In this scenario "GuardianEdge Management Server"
Note : This will only remove it from the Windows Installer database and will not show the application under Add\Remove program.
4. Backup the registry
5. In the registry search for "GuardianEdge". Delete the keys related to this.
6. Now delete the website hosted in the IIS for GuardianEdge Management Server
7. Delete all the folders under program files & startup menu.
8. Reboot the server.
Did this article resolve your issue?
Did this article save you the trouble of contacting technical support?
How can we make this article more helpful?
Email Address (Optional)
Login to Subscribe
Please login to set up your subscription.
Create and manage cases, manage licensing and renewals, submit threats, and enroll with Symantec Rewards.
Customer and Technical Support phone numbers and hours of operation.
User-to-user forums, blogs, videos, and other community resources on Symantec Connect.
Set default language
Do you wish to save this as your future site?