The 7.2 release of Symantec Mobile Security includes several new features and enhancements, including Android support.
Symantec™ Mobile Security 7.2 combines several award-winning antivirus, anti-malware and mobile security technologies into a single, comprehensive security solution to protect Android and Windows-Mobile devices with the same level of protection that organizations require on other corporate endpoints such as desktops and laptops.
• Enables compliance with policy and regulatory requirements
• Protects against viruses, snoopware, data theft, SMS scams, and mobile malware
• Reduces operational costs and complexities of policy management with a centralized management console.
• Integrates with Symantec Mobile Management for unified, rich security and management for mobile devices
• Provides anti-theft functions to locate, lock, reset, wipe, scream and send screen notification messages to devices.
• Minimizes system incompatibilities with a unified, single-vendor solution
• Simplifies installation for rapid enterprise-wide deployments.
• Enables effective and efficient protection against mobile threats with negligible impact on mobile device performance
• Restricts vulnerabilities and possible attack vectors by enabling only required phone features
Supported mobile device environments
- Android 2.2 and above
- Windows Mobile 6.0, 6.1, 6.5
- Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC and Phone Edition
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and R2 SP1 x64
For more information about system requirements and implementing Symantec Mobile Security 7.2 see the Symantec Mobile Security 7.2 Implementation Guide at: http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5661
For last minute changes and known issues in this version of Symantec Mobile Security, see the Symantec Mobile Security 7.2 Release Notes at: http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5663
Features and benefits
Symantec™ Mobile Security (previously known as Symantec Endpoint Protection for Mobile) 7.2 adds support for the Android platform and continues pre-existing support for Windows-Mobile devices. This release provides the following benefits:
Rate this Article